Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fun Times!

     Last night, as I was in Old Testament Survey, Ashlee calls me with panic in her voice. Once I calm her tone from yelling and screaming to something just shy of a loud screech, I learn that “water is everywhere! And it’s coming from under the kitchen sink!” As I try to explain how to shut the water off, she tells me, “You’ll have to come home now…I can’t do it!”
     So I leave class early, drive almost 20 minutes, on fumes, water still coming in, and many emotions running through my head. I find myself angry that Ashlee couldn’t understand how to turn off the water. I find myself confused to how it all happened. Then, I find myself worried that once I get there and turn it off, we’ll have to deal with mold, and other issues.
     As I walk through the door and see ALL of our towels lying on the floor like sandbags used to slow the flood waters, I find the site very humorous. Ashlee is frantically trying to control where the water goes, Peyton is crying in his crib, and I can’t help but laugh just a little.
     Needless to say, I went down to the basement where three inches of water lay on the floor, and is continuously coming down from the floor above, and shut off the valve with a two second turn of the wrist. This followed by, “I could have done that!” The damage was minimal, the water was about two inches in the kitchen, and three in the basement, and it took us a couple of hour to clean up the water. All in all, the Lord really blessed us! We could have had much worse in damages, cost of repairs, and time invested. Now all we are left from our “night of the flood” is a good story to share with all of you! Thanks again for remembering the Underwood family in your prayers! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment