Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wonderful Resurrection Weekend!

I want to start by thanking my Savior, Jesus Christ for His wonderful grace! I am so unworthy of it, but He gives it so freely, and willingly! It's so good to know, that I know the Lord!

I was very excited to visit, and have lunch with my parents in Dalton yesterday afternoon. I was much more excited to have an opportunity to visit with my brother, and hear him testify of his salvation! I cannot tell you how long I have worried and wondered about his eternal state.

 We sat, and talked for a while about the things of God, our security in the Lord, and our eternal destiny! I was able to explain to him that salvation has nothing to do with our works, but the finished work of Christ. He agreed as he shared with me his experience accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Savior!

Later, we (Ashlee, Peyton, and I) visited with Ashlee's family in Chattanooga, TN for a couple of hours. They enjoyed the time with Peyton much more than the time with us, but we got to tag along anyway! Always good to visit the in-laws. . .

On our way home, we stopped briefly at Ashlee's mom's to visit her before it got too late. It's so encouraging to hear the testimony of her family, and how the Lord is working in the lives of each of them. I believe that the Lord will continue to use our desire to serve the Lord on the mission field, to work in the hearts of our families!

My prayer is that Jesus' name will be exalted among the unreached, but also among our friends and family here in the United States. 

Stephen Underwood




Posted via email from stephenunderwood's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment